One Scotsman, Calls a Spade a Spade
by James Glaser May 18, 2005
British MP George Galloway was called on the carpet by a United States Senate Investigative Committee and he shocked them by showing up and defending himself.
Senator Norm Coleman, Republican Chairman of the committee had accused Galloway of making money off the Iraqi oil-for-food program and Galloway was more than Coleman ever expected.
Galloway, "I told the world that Iraq, contrary to your claims did not have weapons (…)
Home > Keywords > International > UK
UK
Articles
-
Galloway Calls a Spade a Spade
18 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
7 comments -
UK’s Galloway puts US Senators to Shame: Delivers passionate speech exposing the real corruption
17 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
14 commentsGeorge Galloway had vowed to give US senators "both barrels" and after sitting - coiled - through an hour-and-half of testimony against him, he unloaded all his ammunition.
Far from displaying the forelock-tugging deference to which senators are accustomed, Mr Galloway went on the attack.
He rubbished committee chairman Norm Coleman’s dossier of evidence and stared him in the eye.
"Now I know that standards have slipped over the last few years in Washington, but for a lawyer, you are (…) -
US ’backed illegal Iraqi oil deals’
17 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
13 commentsReport claims blind eye was turned to sanctions busting by American firms
Julian Borger and Jamie Wilson in Washington Tuesday May 17, 2005 The Guardian
The United States administration turned a blind eye to extensive sanctions-busting in the prewar sale of Iraqi oil, according to a new Senate investigation.
A report released last night by Democratic staff on a Senate investigations committee presents documentary evidence that the Bush administration was made aware of illegal oil sales (…) -
White House challenges UK Iraq memo
17 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
5 commentsWASHINGTON (CNN) — Claims in a recently uncovered British memo that intelligence was "being fixed" to support the Iraq war as early as mid-2002 are "flat out wrong," White House press secretary Scott McClellan said Monday.
McClellan insisted the process leading up to the decision to go to war was "very public" — and that the decision to invade in March 2003 was taken only after Iraq refused to comply with its "international obligations."
"The president of the United States, in a very (…) -
Another fake document by US government-Forgery shows Galloway’s name pasted on UN Oil For Food paper
17 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
9 commentsRebel MP George Galloway’s Respect Party claimed today that evidence that he profited from Saddam Hussein’s regime was forged.
Ahead of Mr Galloway’s appearance in front of a committee of US senators in Washington, his party said the committee was relying on a counterfeit document created in Baghdad.
It said Mr Galloway’s name had been pasted on to a list of people and companies alleged to have made money out of the Oil For Food programme.
His name appeared in a different typeface to (…) -
What is the Downing St. Memo?
17 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
3 commentsNobody wants to go to war. We trust our leaders to shed blood in our name only when absolutely necessary. Two years after the start of the Iraq War, on March 20, 2003, Americans are just learning that our government was dead set on taking our nation to war, even while it claimed to be pursuing diplomacy.
The Downing Street Memo, recently leaked, reveals that President George W. Bush decided to overthrow Iraqi President Saddam Hussein in summer 2002 and?determined to ensure that U.S. (…) -
Sen. John McCain doesn’t "agree with" the British minutes saying"intelligence and facts were fixed"
16 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
10 commentsMcCain: I don’t agree with British war memo Leaked document says U.S. set up conditions for Iraq invasion
WASHINGTON (CNN) — Sen. John McCain said Sunday he doesn’t "agree with" the secret minutes of a high-level British meeting in 2002 saying "intelligence and facts were being fixed" to support a U.S.-led war in Iraq — well before the president sought approval on the war from Congress.
The memo was made public earlier this month by the Times of London newspaper. British officials did (…) -
Former Australian Weapons Inspector Turns Whistleblower: MI6 boss ’tried to sex up’ Iraq study
15 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
3 commentsSir John Scarlett, head of MI6, has been accused of trying ’to sex up’ a report by the Iraq Survey Group, the body charged with finding weapons of mass destruction after Saddam Hussein was toppled.
In an exclusive interview, Dr Rod Barton, a former senior weapons inspector in Iraq, has revealed extraordinary details of how Scarlett and a top Ministry of Defence official intervened in a report by the ISG early last year.
Barton, who has worked for Australian intelligence for more than 20 (…) -
On 30th of January 1972 in Derry, Northern Ireland, a march...
15 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
2 commentsOn 30th of January 1972 in Derry, Northern Ireland, a march organized by the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association, in order to protest against the law on the internament without process, (introduced on 9th August 1971 on the base of Section 12 of the Special Power Act) was made object of a brutal, criminal and premeditated aggression by the British Security Forces.
The soldiers of 1st Battalion of the Parachute Regiment, an elite unit of the Royal Paratroopoers (the English (…) -
The Democrats have No Clothes: ’Leaders’ Silent on The British Memo
13 May 2005 par (Open-Publishing)
6 comments Just like the $9 billion ’lost’ and the 52 warnings prior to 9/11, the Democratic ’Leadership’ is silent on the most important news of the day. The current earth-shattering news is The Memo revealing that Bush and Blair agreed to go to war in April 2002, that they ’fixed the facts’ to scare us into war.
This news should turn American politics upside down. It should cause all Americans, even Republicans, to be outraged, really F#@%ing pissed off that WE’VE BEEN LIED TO !!!
We (…)